Terms and Conditions
I declare, as a condition of entry into Marathon to Remember that:
- I agree to abide by current government regulations and will follow the relevant national, state and/or territory law, regulations and guidelines. For the latest developments on COVID-19 please refer to health.gov.au.
- I am not aware of any illness, injury, physical disability or impairment which may cause me injury, illness or death during or as a consequence of participation. I assert that I have not been advised or cautioned against participating by a medical practitioner.
- I have assessed the risks associated with doing Marathon to Remember in my chosen location and on my chosen date (e.g. events, crowds, health, temperature, adverse weather including fires, poor air quality and storms, hazards, traffic, ingress, egress, permits, legalities etc.) and feel confident that there is nothing that is reasonably going to stop me from achieving my goal nor negatively impact my safety or the safety of anyone else. I will ensure that I am following the relevant national, state and/or territory law, regulations and guidelines. For the latest developments on COVID-19 please refer to health.gov.au.
- The decision to participate is entirely my own and I accept all risks associated with participation in the event, including but not limited to loss of life or permanent injury.
- I assume full responsibility for cancelling this Marathon to Remember event at any time due to any sort of dangerous conditions and/or force majeure. A decision must be made ASAP before or on the date of the Marathon to Remember event and I will advise Dementia Australia of my decision as soon as it is made.
- I, for myself and my heirs and executors, hereby waive, release and forever discharge the charity, sponsors, promoters, service providers and each of their agents, representatives, successors and assigns, and all other persons associated with the event, for all my liabilities, claims, actions or damages that I may have against them arising out of or in any way connected with my participation in this event.
- I consent to the publication and/or use in any form of media whatsoever of my name, race result, image, voice, statement or otherwise, (including the publication of my name and/or event result and applicable age bracket on the event website and social media) without payment or compensation. I understand and agree that this consent is carried forward beyond the life of the current event and that as a result, images, results etc. pertaining to me may be used to promote future events, provide historical references etc. at the event organiser's discretion.
- I consent to Dementia Australia using my name and likeness, voice, biographic, images and other information concerning me including the dementia diagnosis of myself or family member/carer. This information may be used nationally for:
(a) television footage
(c) newspapers (including online), magazines or books
(d) traditional and social media
(e) Dementia Australia publications and training materials
(f) Internet, wire service and/or email news service
(g) Dementia Australia websites, including the Marathon to Remember and Memory Walk & Jog website.
- I consent to Dementia Australia entering my personal details contained on this entry form into a database which will be used for the administration of the event, including to SMS relevant information to me if I have provided a mobile phone number. I also consent to my personal details being used by Dementia Australia events for future marketing and promotional purposes.
- I certify that I am 18 years or older, or that I am the parent/legal guardian of the participant who is under the age of 18 years, and I have read this document and fully understand it. As a parent or legal guardian, I agree to these terms and conditions for and on behalf of the participant.
- I declare that all the information supplied by me on this entry form is true and correct.